Effective Date: March 6, 2016
- Information we collect from you. Cover Anything may collect the following personal or personally identifiable information from you:
- Information that you voluntarily submit to the Website;
- Your username, name, email address, phone number, state, country, or zip code;
- Your payment information, which is used to aid you in completing a transaction;
- Your IP address;
- Your geolocation;
- Your use of the Website;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons; and
- Any other additional analytics data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
- How we use information we collect from you. Cover Anything may use personal or personally identifiable information from you to:
- Provide you with the Website and its associated goods or services;
- To communicate with you;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Website;
- To complete a transaction that you have initiated;
- To update you on changes to the Website; and
- To update you on our services and the services of third parties.
- How we store your information:
- The Website stores and processes your personal and personally identifiable information on computers located within the United States. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal and personally identifiable information in the United States and expressly waive any rights that you may have under the EU Data Protection Directive, Mexican Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data Possessed by Private Persons, or any other foreign jurisdiction's data protection laws.
- Cover Anything uses commercially standard technology, such as encryption, to protect against the unauthorized disclosure of your personal and personally identifiable information. Though Cover Anything does its best to protect your personal and personally identifiable information from unauthorized disclosure, you provide your personal and personally identifiable information at your own risk.
- When we share your information with third parties. Cover Anything will only share your personal or personally identifiable information with third parties in the following situations:
- Where Cover Anything has obtained your consent;
- Where it is necessary to provide you with goods or services initiated at your request;
- Where the Website or Cover Anything has been purchased by a third party;
- Where it is needed to respond to duly authorized subpoena, court order, or search warrant issued by a court of competent jurisdiction over Cover Anything;
- In response to a valid emergency request consistent with 18 U.S.C. §2702(b)(8). Cover Anything will evaluate emergency disclosure requests consistent with the law on a case by case basis and will disclose personal or personally identifiable information if Cover Anything has a good faith belief that there are exigent emergency circumstances that involve the danger of death or serious physical injury to a person;
- Where it is needed to protect Cover Anything; and
- Where it is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty.
- How you can stop the collection of your personal or personally identifiable information:
- You can cease Cover Anything's collection of your personal and personally identifiable information by adjusting your web browser settings to block or limit cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, or by ceasing your use of the Website.
- Your duties when using the Website:
- You have a duty to inform Cover Anything of any changes to your personal or personally identifiable information.
- Your California privacy rights:
- California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that the Website has shared your personal or personally identifiable information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of personal or personally identifiable information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting the Website at email@example.com.
- How you can contact us: